The best thing about Node.JS is that it allows you to develop apps on both the server and client-side, simultaneously. This implies two-way communication that can be initiated by both server and client in real-time, too. It is also simple to adapt and manage with quick processing.
But Node isn’t a single framework; it comes with plenty of frameworks. Node is like an external scaffolding for building your app. These frameworks extend Node’s functionality, which makes apps more comfortable to create and prototype. Here is the Comparison of Node.JS Tools.
Here are some of Broccoli.js’s advantages:
- The tool offers a dependable and quick asset pipeline for development management.
- It supports continuous-time rebuilds. Also, it helps with compressed build outlines.
- It is effortless to use, making it a beneficial tool for developers.
- It also provides a Command Line Interface.
Now, it is advised never to run Broccoli on a production server because even if it’s safe theoretically, it exposes a massive quantity of attack surface for merely presenting static assets—this is among the most significant disadvantages of this tool.
- This node.js deployment tool helps in changing the syntax, which causes developers to code less.
- Babel provides a support map. Thus, programmers can quickly debug codes.
Babel poses some disadvantages as well, such as:
- The code transforms the syntax when transpiling, which makes the code tough to grasp when launched on production.
- The transpiled code is more significant than the original code.
- Not every ES6/7/8 or new feature is okay for transpilation.
Meteor is a framework based on Node.js. Users can potentially apply for cross-platform development. They can code for web, Android, and iOS. It offers many benefits like:
- Robust MongoDB integration
- Developers notice more productivity as Meteor diminishes efforts in coding
- Works well with present widely-used development tools
- Easy-to-use and fast platform
Meteor also has some cons:
- No reactive joins
- Deficiency of control device over the sequence of storing files
- Ambiguous method of deployment to the server
- Native server-side rendering is not available
- Express.js is a minimalist framework for creating web apps.
- It is fast and aids in accomplishing flexibility.
- It provides a massive collection of HTTP methods. Thus, developers can develop APIs quickly.
- It uses the features of Node.js in its base and presents a lighter layer for designing web apps.
Express.js also has some disadvantages that you need to keep in mind, such as:
- Express.js has callback nature, which makes it tough to maintain code.
- Depends on middleware.
- Code arrangement is complicated
Hapi is an intensive framework for developing services and applications. It allows developers to concentrate on coding reusable app logic, rather than wasting time on developing infrastructure. Here are some of its benefits:
- It offers a solid system of plugin that enables developers to attach new features and take care of bugs quickly.
- It allows you to create flexible APIs.
- There is better control over handling requests.
Hapi also has some cons you should be aware of:
- Figuring out the structure of the code has to be done by developers.
- Plugins and module-specific-to-Hapi are incompatible with Express.
- Endpoints are made manually and need to be tested manually, as well.
- Refactoring is also done manually
The very organization behind Express also created koa, and strives to be a more modest, more powerful, and sturdier support for APIs and web applications. Here are some of the essential benefits of Koa.js:
- It expedites asynchronous programming.
- It doesn’t rely on middleware.
- Ready-made plugins are available to support compression, routing, caching, and many other general tasks.
- It assists in improving the handling of errors.
Here are some of the cons of Koa.js:
- The community for Koa is comparatively small.
- Incompatible with Express middleware.
- Koa applies generators that are not suitable with any other kind of Node.js middleware.
- Real-time analytics models can send data to clients for a real-time graphical depiction.
- Instant chat and messaging features can be coded quickly.
- Implementation for image, audio, or video streaming is easy.
- Apps to expedite simultaneous document editing is easy to create.
However, Socket.io also has some cons, such as:
- No blueprint for the Socket.io wire order.
- It has strange encodings.
- There is unneeded binary overhead.
If you are trying an essential Node.js software development plan, then you are surely searching for sturdy tools. We hope this Comparison of Node.JS Tools is of benefit to you.