ARLINGTON, Va.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) today announced the authors that will be features in Gary’s Book Club, presented by Barnes & Noble, at CES® 2018. Participating authors will partake in book signings, promote their books to CES attendees and engage in lively discussions on the CTA Stage, located in the Grand Lobby of the LVCC.
“The authors joining us this year cover some of the most interesting topics facing the consumer technology industry, including innovation, history, tech policy and more,” said Gary Shapiro, president and CEO, CTA. “In its fifth year, the book club brings a number of noteworthy authors to CES 2018 – the global stage for innovation – to share their work and visions.”
CES 2018 Gary’s Book Club authors include:
- Ross Baird – The Innovation Blind Spot: Why We’re Backing the Wrong Ideas and What to Do About It
- CTA Stage: Thu., Jan. 11, 2-2:30 PM
- Barnes & Noble Booth Signing: Thu., Jan. 11, 2:30-3:30 PM
- Asi Burak and Laura Parker – Power Play: How Video Games Can Save The World
- CTA Stage: Thu., Jan. 11, 1-1:30 PM
- Barnes & Noble Booth Signing: Thu., Jan. 11, 1:30-2:30 PM
- Peter Csathy – Media 2.0 (18): An Insider’s Guide to Today’s World of Digital Media & Where It’s Going
- CTA Stage: Thu., Jan. 11, 11-11:30 AM
- Barnes & Noble Booth Signing: Thu., Jan. 11, 11:30-12:30 PM
- John Grisham and Neal F. Kassell, MD – The Tumor
- CTA Stage: Wed., Jan. 10, 1-1:30 PM
- *John Grisham will not be doing a booth signing, although signed books will be available at the Focused Ultrasound Foundation booth.
- Mark Hatch – The Maker Revolution: Building a Future on Creativity and Innovation in an Exponential World
- CTA Stage: Tue., Jan. 9, 10:30-11 AM
- Barnes & Noble Booth Signing: Tue., Jan. 9, 11-11:30 AM
- Thomas Hazlett – The Political Spectrum: The Tumultuous Liberation of Wireless Technology, from Herbert Hoover to the Smartphone
- CTA Stage: Wed., Jan. 10, 3:30-4 PM
- Barnes & Noble Booth Signing: Wed., Jan. 10, 4-5 PM
- Coleen Sterns Leith – Ultra Hi Def Marketing: The 5-Step Guide to Total World Domination in the Tech Industry
- CTA Stage: Tue., Jan. 9, 2-2:30 PM
- Barnes & Noble Booth Signing: Tue. Jan. 9, 2:30-3:30 PM
- Steve Miller – Uncopyable: How To Create an Unfair Advantage Over Your Competition
- CTA Stage: Wed., Jan. 10, 11-11:30 AM
- Barnes & Noble Booth Signing: Wed., Jan. 10, 11:30-12:30 PM
- Chris Snook and Travis Wright – Digital Sense: The Common Sense Approach to Effectively Blending Social Business Strategy, Marketing Technology, and Customer Experience
- CTA Stage: Wed., Jan. 10, 2-2:30 PM
- Barnes & Noble Booth Signing: Wed., Jan. 10, 2:30-3:30 PM
- Stephen Wolfram – Idea Makers: Personal Perspectives on the Lives & Ideas of Some Notable People
- CTA Stage: Tue., Jan. 9, 3:30-4 PM
- Barnes & Noble Booth Signing: Tue., Jan. 9, 4-5 PM
- Mariya Yao and Adelyn Zhou – Applied Artificial Intelligence: A Handbook For Business Leaders
- CTA Stage: Tue., Jan. 9, 1-1:30 PM
- Barnes & Noble Booth Signing: Tue., Jan. 9, 1:30-2:30 PM
CES 2018 returns to Las Vegas Jan. 9-12. The Barnes & Noble booth in the Grand Lobby will have signings from Jan. 9-11. Visit CES.tech for more information on the authors and Gary’s Book Club.
Take a look at three new areas at CES 2018. High-definition video b-roll from CES is available for easy download on CESbroll.com. See exclusive photos from the CES show floor, keynotes, conference sessions, events and award ceremonies in the CES photo gallery.
Produced by the Consumer Technology Association, Inside CES 2018 – Trends and Takeaways provides a complete overview of the entirety of CES, including exclusive CTA research and trend analysis not available anywhere else. Ensure you understand the most important trends impacting the tech industry in the year ahead. Learn more and order your copy today.
CES® is the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. It has served as the proving ground for innovators and breakthrough technologies for 50 years-the global stage where next-generation innovations are introduced to the marketplace. As the largest hands-on event of its kind, CES features all aspects of the industry. Owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM, it attracts the world’s business leaders and pioneering thinkers. Check out CES video highlights. Follow CES online at CES.tech and on social.
About Consumer Technology Association:
Consumer Technology Association (CTA)™ is the trade association representing the $321 billion U.S. consumer technology industry, which supports more than 15 million U.S. jobs. More than 2,200 companies – 80 percent are small businesses and startups; others are among the world’s best known brands – enjoy the benefits of CTA membership including policy advocacy, market research, technical education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CTA also owns and produces CES® – the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. Profits from CES are reinvested into CTA’s industry services.
- CES Media Days
January 7-8, 2018, Las Vegas, NV
- CES Unveiled Las Vegas
January 7, Las Vegas, NV
- CES 2018 – Register
January 9-12, Las Vegas, NV
- CES Asia 2018
June 13-15, Shanghai, China