AUSTIN, Texas–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Pivot3, the technology leader of hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) solutions for the software-defined data center, today announced that the company experienced more than 50-percent increase in bookings from Q2 to Q3 2017, including a record number of million dollar orders. Following the April 2017 launch of its new Acuity HCI platform that features a NVMe flash datapath and advanced policy-based management for multiple mixed-application workloads, Pivot3 saw deals supporting multiple use cases more than double, with the average sale price growing by 25 percent. Additionally, Pivot3 had continued growth in video surveillance use cases due to new product enhancements and deals worth more than $1 million.
“2017 has been a monumental year of product innovation and growth, and we’re thrilled to see customers respond so enthusiastically as we deliver on our promise to support the modern enterprise datacenter,” said Ron Nash, CEO, Pivot3. “The message from the market is clear: enterprises are ready to place their most critical applications and workloads onto hyperconverged infrastructure, and Pivot3 is here to provide the high performance they need.”
“Hyperconverged infrastructure is becoming an integral part of the enterprise datacenter, leading to new growth opportunities for leaders like Pivot3,” said Terri McClure, senior analyst with Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG). “Pivot3 Acuity’s policy-based Quality of Service combined with NVMe flash brings a differentiated approach, making it an attractive option for enterprises seeking to consolidate mixed workloads or ensure the performance of its mission-critical applications.”
Pivot3’s key achievements in Q3 2017 include:
- Increased its bookings by more than 50 percent from Q2 2017, including a record of number deals worth more than one million dollars in both surveillance and datacenter use cases.
- Increased bookings supporting multiple mixed-application workloads by nearly 180 percent in Q3, with the majority of sales coming from new customers and nearly a third of those purchasing its new Acuity platform.
- Continued expansion with federal agencies – including significant deals with large emergency recovery, defense and intelligence organizations – as well as transportation, healthcare, state and local government, education and entertainment verticals.
- A wide range of new customers and expansions with existing customers, including Stage2Data, Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority, Majid Al Futtaim Properties and the US Departments of Justice, Defense and Energy.
- Expanded its Global Partner Program with new tiers, certifications and services to help partners differentiate and profit in the exploding HCI market. As a 100-percent channel-driven company, Pivot3 saw a 178-percent increase in new deal registrations from the channel from Q1 to Q3 2017, with 77 new partners joining in Q3.
- Conducted lab validation testing over three months on its next-generation Acuity HCI platform. This research revealed that compared to leading HCI solutions, Pivot3 delivers six times the performance, two- to three-times VDI user density per node, 62-percent faster response times, nine-times faster processing of sub-millisecond IOs, and 46-percent more transactions per minute resulting in up to 47-percent lower costs per transaction and 46-percent lower cost per virtual desktop.
- Added Arrow as a value-added distributor to expand the availability of Pivot3 in the market, and expanded its relationships with Anixter, Ingram Micro, Promark Technology, Synnex and Redington.
- Developed joint solutions with HyTrust, Veeam and Liquidware to provide enhanced solutions to meet customers’ needs, and achieved VMware Horizon 7 and Horizon© Cloud certification.
- Named to JMP Securities’ Super 60 list of the hottest privately-held companies in internet security, networking and storage for the second year in a row, and received product innovation awards from Security Today, Campus Safety and Global Enterprise Connect (GEC).
“We chose Pivot3 because of its impressive performance and policy-based management, and are already seeing a significant impact in our organization,” said Jay Gawde, director of IT, Deutsch Family Wine and Spirits. “The HCI architecture and advanced feature set allows us to broaden our use of hyperconvergence in the datacenter and guarantee the performance of the applications that matter most.”
“As the HCI market continues to evolve and mature, customers are moving beyond single-use-case implementations and leaping into HCI as a complete platform. As a result, we’ve seen incredible demand for our Acuity platform, which is the only HCI solution on the market to meet these needs with higher performance and policy-based application performance management,” said Nash. “We also remain the only HCI provider that can meet the demands of use cases that require high ingest rates, like video surveillance. With growth on all fronts, we remain committed to providing innovative, smarter solutions for an agile, high-performing and cost-effective infrastructure.”
Pivot3 brings simplicity and savings to the enterprise datacenter by integrating storage, compute and networking on commodity hardware under an easy to use management framework. Our next-generation hyperconverged platforms are natively designed with policy-based Quality of Service and NVMe flash acceleration to enable IT to run multiple mixed workloads on a single infrastructure while guaranteeing service delivery to the applications that power business results. With over 2,000 customers in 54 countries, and over 18,000 hyperconverged deployments in healthcare, government, transportation, security, entertainment, education, gaming, retail and more, Pivot3 is defining the future of autonomous cloud computing with smarter infrastructure solutions.